Tue 19th Jun 2018
The next race is tomorrow at 7.30pm.
Please come along and run in your club vest.
At the last race we were thrilled to have some younger members of the club running and would be delighted to have even more coming along.
The RR10'S are open to anyone who is at at least 15 years old on August 31st of the year prior to the series (so 31 August 2017 for this 2018 series). So come and cut your teeth at mid week racing.
See you there.
Please find information below received from the organisers.
Hedge End Running Club has the pleasure of hosting Race #6 of the 2018 RR10 series. This will take place on Wednesday the 20th of June at Manor Farm Country Park, which is on the outskirts of Hedge End, just off Junction 8 of the M27. The nearest postcode is SO31 1BH…
The drop out club is New Forest Runners.
This year we have made a new route for you all. As well as giving you an improved, safer route, we now avoid the road crossing, a new gate, and a very rutted part of the old route!!! The route is 4.3 miles long with all the usually mix of hills and rough ground. New Route Map attached.
The course is mainly dry at the moment, although one section in the woods is quite muddy and trail shoes are recommended. Spikes are not suitable. The dry weather in the Spring has exposed more tree roots than normal, which we will try and mark wherever possible. There are narrow sections through the woods and a very uneven section along a bridleway where extra care should be taken.
As ever, we expect parking to be tight, so please car share as much as possible. There will be no parking charges for the evening, so there is no need to buy a parking ticket. Please do not park on the access road outside the Country Park entrance. We plan to fill the car parks closest to the entrance first and work back towards the start. This will hopefully help avoid congestion with cars attempting to leave the park being blocked by runners arriving. Please follow the Car Park marshals’ instructions and be aware of traffic while walking along the road to the start area.
- The start is 19:30 prompt. Please allow time to arrive, park and get to the start.
- We do not have exclusive access to the Country Park, which is popular with dog walkers, cyclists, and other users, so please be considerate to the local residents. If the weather is fine, there may also be families picnicking in the Country Park.
- We have been promised that the Ladies and Gents toilets in Barnfield will be left unlocked for the race.
- The Start and Finish will be in Barnfield
- The route is a mixture of grass, gravel paths, trails and bridleways, with muddy sections through fields and copses and along the river bank. Tree roots, ruts, large stones, low branches, posts, steps, bridges and a cheeky incline towards the end are some of our interesting features. These will be indicated by marshals where possible.
- If you have a car, please leave the Country Park by 9.10pm… the entrance gate for vehicles is locked at 9.15pm
- There will be water available at the end of the race however, an effort to reduce our environmental impact, it would be good if you could bring your own drink or reusable cup. Please also take any litter with yourself to keep the park clean.