These are events run by the athletics club as a means to generate some income and offer more competition to athletes. They represent an excellent opportunity to get a season's best or personal best because athletes tend to focus on one event at an open meeting.
To take part, you need to enter yourself online and wear a club vest.
Open Meetings are open to Juniors & Seniors but you need to check the specific event details of the events and age groups.
Generally, local clubs put on the following open meetings:
- Bournemouth - April and September
- Havant - April and September
- Basingstoke - May
- Oxford - Some evenings and throughout the summer
- Southampton - September
- Woking - September
- Winchester - April or May held in conjunction with the Club Championships
- Windsor and Eton - winter indoor series of sprints, hurdles and jumps from December to March
Hampshire County Council organise a couple of Grand Prix Open Meetings usually in July and September sponsored by Saucony.
There are also winter indoor meets at Lee Valley Athletics Stadium.
Please visit the local club's websites or use the Open Meetings website.
|Type Indoor Track and Field|
|Season/Date All year|
|Age Veterans Seniors Under 20s Under 17s Under 15s Under 13s Under 11s|
Jamie Robinson –