Tue 29th Nov 2016
The remainder of this season's races in the Hampshire Road Race League are filling up fast. If you want to take part and represent WADAC then you need to book yourself into these races as soon as you can.
I know that many of you have been a bit slow off the mark and missed out on a place in the Stubbington 10k which I am told is already full so here is a list of all the races in 2017 that are included as part of the current 2016/17 season.
1) Stubbington 10k - 15th January 2017 - https://www.fullonsport.com/event/stubbington-10k-2017/profile
2) Ryde 10 - 5th February 2017 - http://www.rydeharriers.co.uk/races/the-ryde-10-mile-road-race/
3) Eastleigh 10k - 19th March 2017 - https://www.fullonsport.com/event/hendy-ford-eastleigh-10k-2017/profile
4) Salisbury 10 - 9th April 2017 - http://salisbury10.salisbury-arc.org/
5) Alton 10 - 7th May 2017
6) Netley 10k - 21st May 2017 - http://www.southamptonathleticclub.org.uk/wordpress/netley-10k-race/
7) Lordshill 10k - 18th June 2017
They are filling up so please enter all that you can as soon as possible. If you run in seven or more out of the twelve races in the season then you will get an individual ranking in the Hants League and the chance of being commemorated on the fab mugs that they produce (or even getting one of their other category prizes). And the more of the races that you compete in the better your placing will be in the WADAC Grand Prix - where there are trophies and kudos up for grabs.
I include the link for Stubbington even though it's full because the page details what you need to do for a number swap (same sex only, up to Jan 8th) which some of you procrastinators might yet be able to utilise. And if you do get a swap then please try to take your number from a non-WADAC runner!
These races are becoming more popular year on year and there seems to be more and more of you leaving it too late, missing out on a place and then desperately trying to arrange swaps etc. Please, please can I urge you to get things sorted sooner rather than later - and there's only so many times that I can send prompts and reminders like this before I become that dull moany bloke.