Thu 6th Sep 2018
Friday 5th October – You are invited to a Free Social Run and a Free Buffet!
Giessen Runners are visiting Winchester on 5th and 6th October. It is the culmination of a relay run they are doing as a club from Giessen (Winchester’s twin town) in Germany. They are not ultra-marathoners, but a group of 23 runners taking it in turns to run legs.
We are forming a team of runners to join them on the last part of their run, arriving in Winchester together, to be welcomed by The Mayor and to socialise together in a Buffet Reception in the evening.
The arrangements are as follows:
Friday 5th October, 3pm.
- Giessen Runners arrive in Winchester on their last leg (from Chichester), accompanied by Winchester runners.
- Welcome by The Mayor at King Alfred Statue.
Friday 5th October, 7pm.
- Buffet reception, hosted by The Mayor, attended by Giessen and Winchester runners. A chance to further welcome our visitors, and to socialise all together.
On Saturday morning, 6th October, the Giessen runners will to come to Winchester parkrun, and after some tourism in Winchester on Saturday afternoon, they will leave for Giessen early on Sunday.
This should be a lot of fun. Would you like to join in? It would be great to have as many Winchester runners as possible.
You can join the run, come to the reception, or both. Numbers will be limited for the buffet, so we will prioritise to those running and on first request basis if we need to. But, please don’t hesitate to register interest in the buffet, even if you are not able to join the run. We do appreciate that it is Friday and many people are otherwise engaged during the day.
We will organise the run to accommodate people running different distances and speeds. It will be a social run, not a race.
If you are interested to join the Friday activities please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.. Everything will be free. Please provide the following information:
- Interested to join the run (will finish in Winchester at 3pm)?
- How far? 2k, 5k, 10k, 20k or more?
- Interested to attend the buffet reception (at 7pm)?
- Your email address, so that I can contact you with further details
- Also please let me know if you speak German (not a requirement!)
It is not a commitment on your part, but it would be most helpful if you could give an initial reply by Weds 14th Sept so I can get an idea of numbers and confirm details.