If you would like to include anything please let me know.
The following sessions (that we know of – there may be more) are taking place, either using online platforms or by following training programmes provided. These are mainly for their groups but some are open to a wider audience:
- Club adult or junior sessions, hosted by Nick Anderson and supported by other coaches on Tuesdays (open to up to 100 participants). Next week will be senior group starting at 7pm. Details will be sent out separately.
- Junior 500 Rep Challenge: See separate email.
- Senior endurance suggestions: Session suggestions:
- W/C 11th May
Monday easy runs & Core session (Zoom S&C with Andy P at 7pm?)
Tuesday - 6 x 5 mins with Nos 1-3 @ threshold and Nos 4-6 @ 10k pace all off 90 sec recovery
Wednesday 60-80 mins easy pace
Thursday - A 15/15/15 or 20/20/20 progression run. The last segment is at threshold with the first two building from easy to steady effort.
Saturday 30-45 easy if running the virtual Netley 10k TT tomorrow OR 6-10 mins at threshold (3 min rec) + 8-10 x 45 sec fast hill with 90 sec jog down rec (3) + 6-10 min @ threshold
Sunday - Netley 10k HRRL virtual TT with 30 easy after OR 90-2 hours long run with last 20 mins @ threshold or pick up pace on hilly route
- W/C 18th May
Monday easy runs & Zoom S&C core with Andy P
Tuesday Session - 6 min threshold (3) + 6-8 x 600m @ 5k pace with 200m jog rec OR 10/10/10 prig run if running RR10 TT #3 hard tomorrow.
Wednesday RR10 TT or 60-70 min easy pace long run
Thursday 45-60 easy or 10/10/10 progression run if running 10k or 5k TT this weekend re Lakeside or Vitality virtual options.
Saturday 5k TT + 10 min jog + 2 x 6 mins @ threshold off 2 min jog after OR 40 easy run with strides after if 10k TT tomorrow
Sunday 10k TT + 30 mins easy after OR 90 mins - 2hours on hilly route with 2 x 3k @ threshold built in off 2k easy run rec)
- David Vosser (endurance) – athletes are following a monthly programme which has been circulated.
- Andy Parkinson – adult strength and conditioning sessions online Monday at 7pm each week. Detailed emailed out.
- Steve Torrance – Online session consisting of warm up : exercise session : Sportshall event : fun challenge : quiz on (Thursdays at 6.30pm for an hour).
- John Miller – athletes are following a programme concentrating on strength/elastic and conditioning while maintaining good aerobic capacity.
- George Ogilvie (sprints and hurdles) – online strength and conditioning, skills and drills and nutrition sessions 3 times each week (Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:45pm).
- Elias Mtshweni – online Zoom pole vault session on Wednesdays at 5pm. Sessions for sprinters on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5pm.
- Dave Sherry and Gary Bettridge (hurdles) – online strength and conditioning twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Andy Fisher (multi events and jumps) - online sessions, circuits, workouts and games and challenges, and adapted training plans. Andy has also created a YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMM5B9oiAi-HGoEjkCHUCdw
England Athletics Update on Competition (and Training) Planning 2020 and Latest Statement from 11th May
https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/ and https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/coronavirus-statement/
England Athletics Webinars for Athletes
19th May at 7pm – Virtual Club Night: Live Interview and Q&A with Hayley Carruthers (5K and beyond runner): https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/virtual-club-nights/
21st May at 5pm: Endurance – Steeplechase discussion with Luke Gunn. Hosted by Luke Gunn and Helen Clitheroe: https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/running-at-home/running-webinars/
Expert Interviews, including Donna Fraser, Jenny Meadows, Charlotte Arter, Tom Craggs and Liam Dee: https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/running-at-home/running-expert-interviews/
Weekly Challenge with Jenny Meadows: https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/supporting-11-year-olds-to-keep-active/jenny-meadows-challenges/
Other Online Resources from England Athletics
England Athletics has made available some useful resources for parents and children including:
England Athletics Young Athletes Home Workouts with Parents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FATvTXdy28&feature=youtu.be
England Athletics Virtual Club Nights: https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/virtual-club-nights/
England Athletics Fun Athletics @home for children aged 4-11 videos: https://funetics.co.uk/for-parents/funetics-activity-videos/
England Athletics Fun Athletics @home for 11+ year olds resources: https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/supporting-11-year-olds-to-keep-active/
Running Expert Tips and Advice: https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/running-at-home/running-expert-tips-and-advice/
England Athletics resource on running at home: https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/running-at-home/
England Athletics provides some resources that you may find useful: https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/officials-home/
In particular, these scenarios for each of the disciplines look to be informative: https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/officials-home/#scenarios
Please do renew your membership with us so you can take part in these sessions.
If you wish to join any of the sessions please contact the relevant coach via email@example.com to be put in contact with the relevant coach. Tuesday’s club sessions will be posted on the website, Facebook and sent around by email.